We bring professionals together from throughout Wales, who are involved in the support of looked after children, care leavers and other vulnerable groups in further and higher education and/or the support of foster carers, social workers and other professionals.
We are committed to ensuring the best possible experience of further and higher education for vulnerable young adults, including children and young people in care, kin-care, care leavers and estranged from families. We believe that every looked after child and care leaver should receive the support, resources and opportunities they need to succeed in education.
For children and young people in care, care leavers and other vulnerable groups such as people estranged from their families we aim to:
- Protect their interests
- Improve their experience of further and higher education
- Recognise and address their needs when entering Further and Higher Education through providing support, guidance and resources
- Remove barriers to achievement in education
- Provide opportunities to engage in education
- Provide unbiased, confidential advice and support
- Produce information and support materials for looked after children and care leavers and for the foster carers and professionals who work with them.
- Listen to, respect and promote their voices
- Use our expertise and joint voice to lobby for legislation, policy and practice
- Collaborate with Local Authorities and relevant agencies to ensure Foster Carers, schools and other professionals receive the training and information required to fully support them to reach their potential